Please ensure that your advertisement strictly adheres to all applicable laws, as well as self-imposed industry rules and guidelines when posting them to the LINE Ads Platform. In addition to avoiding any possible legal risks, LINE has adopted a set of advertising guidelines for the LINE Ads Platform to protect the interests of users. While the landing page and ad creative must be submitted for review prior to release, LINE also monitors the LINE Ads Platform over the course of the ad's listing in order to ensure that its content continues to adhere to all relevant guidelines, and that any offending content is properly revised, deleted, or removed from the platform.
Content within this document are not official legal advice. Advertisers are required to study and make sure their products follow all applicable laws and industry rules.
LINE will not be responsible for the improper use of this guideline. Advertisers will not bring charge against LINE or any of LINE affiliates for any breach of applicable laws and industry rules from the use of this document. Advertisers will not ask LINE or any of LINE affiliates to reimburse or pay for damages caused from any breach of applicable laws and industry rules.
1. Private investigation services
2. Cigarette, electric, tobacco or related products. This includes quit-smoking aid products containing nicotine
3. Digital currency or any related digital currency business, personal investment, such as FOREX and real estate (Products or Services by Financial Institutions, Banks, Securities Companies and Digital Asset Business authorized by relevant government agencies) (Certain exceptions apply)
4. Weapons (all types), poisons, and hazardous substances
5. Pawnshops/ pawn diamond (even if there is a certificate or quality warranty document)
6. Sale of information. This includes, but not limited to personal information and disclosure of others’ trade secrets
7. Religious products and services (including talismans, exorcism or fortune-telling services, superstition and donations for related objectives)
8. Pyramid business or any other businesses with the same nature. Direct sales in a multi-level (multilevel marketing sales)
9. Sales of live animals and living beings. This includes restricted plants under Forest Law, or restricted seeds, conserved plants, and prohibited plants under related Plant Act. This excludes advertisement of general plants and vegetables & fruits for consumption.
10. Unlawful lending and fundraising
11. Amulet and Antiques
12. Intellectual Property without permission (Copyright/Trademark)
13. Political parties, voting or survey
14. Point sites (sites based on accumulating points and providing point-based services or rewards) or gambling-related sites without authorization from Department of Provincial Administration
15. Affiliate sites, Revenue sharing in exchange for providing advertising service
16. Narcotics and Active ingredients/ Hazardous Substances
17. Public service corporations including NPOs/NGOs and incorporated associations
18. Gambling products and services such as pachinko, football betting, online games prohibited by law
19. Adult goods and services (including sexually explicit goods and services aimed at adult consumers, goods and services featuring sexually explicit language, goods and services which could be suggestive of child pornography or otherwise inappropriate from the perspective of protecting minors, sexual performance enhancers, and legal drugs)
20. Infant food (such as infant formula milk powder) and infant supplement. Food supplementary related to sexual performance
21. The process of giving birth as a surrogate mother or of arranging such a birth
22. Alcoholic beverages. This includes both direct and indirect purchase of all types of alcohol beverages
1. Food, Beverages, Dietary supplements, and Household Medicines
Must comply with the rules and regulations of Food and Drug Administration, Ministry of Public Health.
This includes advertisement permission by cases.
Except the following food products that does not require FDA. But require labels in accordance with the law
2. Hospital and Clinic
3. Dating Service Application
5. Lotteries issued by the government
6. Financial and Securities Business
Additional terms for loans
7. Contact lens
8. Hazardous Substances
9. Personal information / Health information
10. Movies and videos
11. Medical Devices
13. Auction sales and Antiques trade
1. Food, beverages, and dietary supplements
• Must comply with the regulations of the Food and Drug Administration
*Sample of FDA document
2. Hospital and Clinic
• Must comply with the regulations of Ministry of Public Health
Except Sex reassignment surgery can not be advertised
*Sample of Medical Facility document
Advertisements must clearly state the entity responsible for the advertisement at all times, and in the case of an image, the identification must be large enough to be easily visible to the viewer. Furthermore, if the advertiser utilizes material that it does not own the rights to, it must clearly state the copyright owner as well as their relationship.
The use of logos, characters, services, or other content owned by LINE in such a manner that could confuse users or cause them to believe the advertisement is provided by LINE is strictly prohibited.
In particular, the copyrights to the LINE characters are the sole property of LINE Corporation and its related companies.
Any unauthorized use of them within your ad creative is strictly prohibited.
The following guidelines must be respected when using the LINE logo, LINE icon, or LINE Official Account logo.
A "friend" refers to the status of a user who has friended a LINE account such as an LINE Official Account
For this reason, please unify the expression in linked pages and creatives as well, so that users who are connected to a LINE account such as an LINE Official Account is always called "friends." "Frenz" and other spellings are prohibited.
Ad spaces may not be resold without LINE's express permission. Further, in consideration of protecting users' interests, placing information regarding unrelated third parties in ads is generally forbidden.
Links to pages that have no direct relationship to the account or the ad creative are prohibited. The ad and its content must be considered natural when looked at from the viewpoint of an average user.
Excessive text in ad images may result in your ad reaching fewer people or not running at all. Try to use little or no image text when possible.
All advert components, including any text, image or other media, must be relevant and appropriate to the product or service being offered and the audience viewing the advert. Adverts must clearly represent the company, product, service or brand that is being advertised. The products and services promoted in an advert's text must match those promoted on the landing page, and the destination site must not offer or link to any prohibited product or service.
Links to pages that cannot be viewed or operated via a standard smartphone (iOS, Android) browser are prohibited.
Please ensure that the link destination is compatible with smartphones.
Webpages with hard-to-read text or characters/images that do not fit on the screen are also prohibited.
Advertisements containing content with the potential to offend users, such as images that overtly sexual or revealing of skin,*1 messages that are blatantly sexual in nature, or any other messages that may cause discomfort to users *2 are prohibited. *1. Swimsuit or underwear images unrelated to the advertisement are prohibited. *2. Statements encouraging use of violence or antisocial behavior are prohibited.
Language or content that deceive users into believing the product or service is better or cheaper than it actually is are prohibited.
When using language in your ad creative that contains superlatives such as "World's First" or "World's No. 1," the claims must be properly substantiated, with the source behind the survey and the year it was conducted clearly labeled within your linked pages and ad creative.
If your advertisement sends users to a separate web page and encourages them to register for your products or services, you must visually state in a plain and clear manner that the link destination is in no way affiliated with LINE or its partner companies. Additionally, when obtaining personal information from users, you must ensure that all handling of the information at the link destination follows the guidelines set out by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. In order to protect the LINE user experience, please refrain from excessively soliciting users to register for your products or services.
Advertisements claiming the result of any kind of medical treatments are prohibited (except medication approved by law and regulations). Before/after images or VDOs are prohibited.
Advertisements comparing between owned products or services with other similar products or services are prohibited.
Rules for Symbol Usage and Expression